Friday, November 13, 2009

Ennio Morricone

Man, I have not done this in a while. Write in any sort of blog, that is.

Anyway, I am slow on the uptake I know, but I wanted to pay tribute to Ennio Morricone since it was his 81st Birthday this past Tuesday. Obviously, it goes without saying that he has loads of great movie scores to his name-but when I think of him, and I am sure this is the case with a lot of people-his scores to Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns springs immediately to mind. In my opinion his score to "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" is not only my favorite spaghetti western but also of his score. Watch how great the finale is. (Props, of course, have to be given to Sergio Leone for his filming here of course, but it wouldn't have been half as great without Morricone's score, but I guess that goes without saying too.) This was a tough one, I could have gone with the "Ecstacy of Gold" sequence as well. Some would even go with the finale of "Once Upon A Time in the West". While awesome, I still think it doesn't quite stack up to "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

No comments:

Post a Comment