Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bringing Down The House (2001)


I shouldn't even admit that I watched this. But in my defense, it was snowing and it was a lazy Sunday and it was the only thing on before (and sort of during) the Patriots game. That being said, it was just as silly, brainless, and full of reductive racial stereotypes. But to be honest, I wasn't looking for Shakespeare, and there were a couple of laughs. Steve Martin and Eugene Levy are comedy workhorses, and they are more than adequate. Eugene Levy can make me laugh just by talking. And Queen Latifah is sold enough. She was fine here. Fine can be okay, right? Ultimately it was lazy and predictable, but thats no real surprise. Eh, you get what you pay for when you catch something on USA. I didn't though, watch "License To Wed" after that, even I have SOME standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment